Producers : Amy Thornton & Claire Leona Apps
"This fierce British debut about obsession and female identity is for fans of The Neon Demon and the early films of Andrea Arnold." - The 405
And Then I Was French is a dark and twisting thriller about a young girl’s journey of self-discovery, that takes a dangerous and emotional direction as she struggles to escape the agony of unrequited love.
Sensitive wallflower Cara exists in her humdrum life until the appearance of charismatic Jay unlocks powerful desires within her. When Jay's beautiful French lover arrives, Cara's journey to self-discovery takes a dark and unexpected turn, with tragic consequences.
This is an original screenplay by Claire Leona Apps, all rights reserved. ©ATIWF
You can pre-order "And Then I was French" on Amazon. The film will be available across many platforms on April 24, 2018.
* Beautiful Review by Femmes and Film:
"One of the most startling British films to emerge this side of 2016, French evokes pre-Hollywood Andrea Arnold, and is shrouded in the same creeping, female-centric dread that fuelled Roman Polanski’s Repulsion." - Kimberly Margaux, Femmes and Film
* "Terrifying and Fascinating" - Review by Gloria Daniels Moss, We make movies on the weekends
* Top Seven film to see at East End Film Festival, as told by Little White Lies
* Must-see independent films at this year's EEFF, as told by Hero Magazine
* "Apps really does find her stride, rolling together a beautifully striking use of colour with a seriously patient sense of brutality, embellishing some sort of cheap-o, toned-down Neon Demon vibe…. Those wanting an escape from the usual paint-by-numbers boy-meets-girl drama will likely find it an interesting watch” - by The National Student